1. Are you a Canadian Citizen OR Permanent Resident?
2. Do you speak English?
3. Have you applied to be on any TV shows in the past year?
4. Are you currently being considered for any other competition shows, including, without limitation, any lifestyle or cooking shows?
5. Will you be appearing on any TV shows that are scheduled to air in the next 12 months?
6. Do you know anyone else who is applying to be on Chopped Canada (the ”Program“)?
7. Have you ever acted, performed or appeared on television, internet productions, film or stage?
8. Are you or have you ever been a member of the television/film union ACTRA or any other guild or union?
9. If you are chosen to be on the Program, is there any person or part of your life that you would prefer not to share on-camera (i.e, social organizations, activities, friends, family)?
10. Have you appeared in any TV contests or competition shows (whether or not you won a prize)?
11. Have you appeared in any magazines, publicly disseminated photographs, advertisements or on the Internet?
12. Is there anyone among your family, friends or work colleagues that would object to you appearing on television?
13. Are you available to participate in the Program for approximately 4 days, possibly longer or shorter (plus time for promotion and publicity), beginning from March 1 - August 30th (all dates subject to change at producer’s sole discretion)?
14. Have you ever been convicted of any crime including drunk driving?
15. Have you ever been a party to a civil lawsuit?
16. Have you ever declared personal bankruptcy?
17. Have you ever had a temporary restraining order issued against you or has anyone ever attempted to obtain a temporary restraining order against you?
18. Have you ever done or been involved in anything that would cause the Program producers and/or the network and affiliates that may exhibit the Program any embarrassment or monetary loss if you are chosen to participate in the Program other than the specific matters expressly listed and described herein?
19. Is there anyone you know or have known who is serving or has served in the past two years as an officer, director, employee, agent or representative of any of the following:
(a) Shaw Media Inc. or its parent (Shaw Communications Inc.) or affiliated or subsidiary companies, including, without limitation, Food Network Canada and Shaw Television Limited Partnership (collectively, the ‘Network’);
(b) Paperny Entertainment Inc. and/or its subsidiary or affiliated companies (the “Producer’)
(c) Any television network, station or channel, cable network, or satellite network that may air the Program;
(d) Any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program or any version of variation thereof;
(e) Any person or entity supplying prizes or other services to the Program; or
(f) Any sponsor of the Program of its advertising agency
Please remember to only list people in this section who you give us permission to contact as references or as a means to contact you.
Please list three people whom you frequently see in case we need to get in touch with you on very short notice or who can serve as a reference (i.e., significant other, roommate, boss, etc.)